Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Background Check ~ Online Class ~ Day 2, #1

stampedplaidmaureenplut

Hello!  We meet again so soon!  I’m up and at ‘em with another technique on Day 2 of the Online Card Class, Background Check.  Today we are making plaid backgrounds with the lovely and funny Laura Bassen.  I must admit I’m a patterned paper girl, but I wanted to experiment with stamping backgrounds for a change.  I know with plaid, things could go terribly wrong very quickly so I started with an inspiration photo from Pinterest…

House of Turquoise: Marianne Jones...this is fabulous.  Love the checks, the prints, and the rug!

photo credit: House of Turquoise

I looked at the ottoman very carefully to see how the stripes were broken down.  It was bit tricky, and the first try (on the left below) has different stripes. Here’s how I started my second try…

firststripesmaureenplut

I practised on plain photocopy paper first… the one on the left is my first try. Then I went a bit bolder on the far left.  The final one, stamped on white cardstock is the finished one :)  This will be made into a baby boy card soon!

comparisonmaureenplut

I used Clearly Besotted’s Basics Stripes to create the plaid lines. Thanks for stopping by!  Post 2 is coming right up!

signature

[BC_participant%255B3%255D.png]

1 comment:

Cathy P said...

Love your plaids, Maureen - as beautiful in color as the inspiration!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...