Friday, September 13, 2013

Thanks Ever So Much

thankseversomuchmaureenplut

Good Friday morning!  Yep, Friday love is back here on the blog!  Now hold onto your seat!  See something strange in my photo?  Yep, those are REAL markers that I used to COLOUR those sweet pointed flowers!  I had to include them in the photo to prove this strange phenomenon :)  I was set on using those lovely flowers for this card, but wanted them yellow.  Now, I will confess that I do have markers from WAY back I just don’t like to use them.  This card is for the new Viva La Verve sketch up and ready for today.  It’s also an inspiration week.  Use the photo or sketch or both to create a project…all the deets are over on the Viva La Verve forum

VLVSep13Week3Sketch

sept13inspiration

Have you seen the latest Verve Sale?  Head over to the store to see all Autumn sets on sale PLUS some retiring and some getting moved into collections…Julee’s been having fun reorganizing :)

VS_Sep13AutumnSale

Thanks for visiting!  Have a great weekend!  I’ll be spending it on homework and napping :)

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: Verve Lean on Me, Treasured Words, Doodled Occasions (small flower on ticket)

ink: versafine onyx, su cho chip, so saffron/mustard markers

paper: pti kraft, rustic white, su espresso, suede, echo park this and that

accessories: verve  pointed flowers dies, pti spiral notepage, limitless layers dies, twine, maya road ticket, staple, stitching, buttons, ribbon

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Sitting here laughing about the markers. I have them as well, but they mainly get used for projects the boys are doing. About 1/4 of them are lost! I love this fall colored card. The rich color palette is gorgeous.

Marianne said...

Gorgeous card Maureen. Love the rich autumn colours and the matching colours of your markers and the PP. I have tried several markers but am still not really confident about using them. My latest buy is a set of Aquamarkers. So far, I have used them once for colouring an image (posted on my blog on 31 August) and I love how that turned out, so this may very well become my favourite colouring medium.

Tracey McNeely said...

Your gorgeous card popped right out of my reader! Beautiful Maureen and I for one love that you used your markers because it added such for beautiful finish to your flowers! Good for you moving out of your comfort zone. Happy Friday!

Marisa said...

Just adore the rich, fall colours on this card - swoon :) Fabulous use of the sketch and good for you for using markers!! Love the coloured flowers.

Happy Friday and trust your class has settled into a good routine. Have a great w/e!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...