Monday, March 11, 2013

50 Shades of Grey (Lucky in Love)

luckyinlovemaureenplut

How’s that for a Monday morning blog post title?  Shall we spice things up a bit?  Well, that fun group of UK gals over on A Passion for Papertrey sure are with their new challenge…50 Shades of Grey.  Now, I did read all 3 books last summer, but really, I only enjoyed the first quarter of the first book.  Then it just got too outrageously silly.  Most of the book was email correspondence and the writing left much to be desired.  So why did I read all 3 books?  It’s like a car accident, you just have to look!  AND I was hoping it would get better. Nope.  Sorry, does that spoil it for you?  Read it if you have the time and make up your own mind.  I WILL say, though, the first quarter of the first book did inspire me to make our 5th Anniversary weekend last July very passionate {insert sizzle sound here!}.  LOL

On a different note, here’s what my desk looked like yesterday…I was all ready to watch the Canadian Men’s Curling Bronze Final game when I discovered TSN was only showing it online! ACKKKKKKK!! What? Are you kidding me?  NOT show a Bronze Title game on t.v.?  After sending them a strongly worded email, I set up my laptop on my desk so I could stamp and watch at the same time.  Desperate times call for desperate measures! LOL

IMG_6713

Thanks for stopping by and listening to me ramble…have YOU read 50 Shades?  Let me know your take on it, good or bad.  Have a lovely Monday :)

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: PTI Luck of the Irish Stamp Set

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti soft stone, white

accessories: pti banner die and button, twinery bakers twine, gems, Cuttlebug papaya embossing folder, pink paislee artisan chipboard hearts

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Well, you know I read the books...and I am on the same wavelength as you. Definitely a train wreck! I love your chip board hearts...they are fabulous!

And what the heck on the curling game! Did they win???

Tracey said...

Loving the hearts! Beautiful!!

Marisa said...

Love the open heart and the script on them. Lovely grey and white with pops of pink :) Funny/frustrating how TSN only shows certain things - hubby watches a lot on line. As for 50 Shades - not touching it with a ten foot pole...

Petra Swart said...

Your shades of grey are surely a winner!! The hearts are awesome!! Lovely card!! TFS.

Helen F. said...

Ohhh how pretty your Shades of Grey are, Maureen!
PS; Love how clean your craft desk is...Hope to get mine like that some day ;)

Christina said...

No 50 Shades for me--I always suspected I'd be disappointed from what I'd heard about it. Guess I made the right choice! Your card in shades of grey, however, is totally inspiring! Wonderful use of the chipboard and little pink button.

Diane said...

Haven't read it yet, it scares me...lol....but I do love your card..beautiful!!

Karen Day said...

Ha! Just had to leave a comment today... since I'm 1/2 way through book one (so am undecided on it, at this point!) and my hubby runs tsn(dot)ca so hopefully you enjoyed watching the game online :o)

Sian Ridley said...

And here we are, talking about 50 shades again! I did the exact same thing - I HAD to read all three books, just to see if it got any better! It had to be said though, for a book that everyone is quite disappointed in - story line and writing included, EL James has done pretty well as all of us have read not just the first, but ALL of the trilogy! She's obviously doing something right!
I'm pretty sure it's helped a bunch of people spice up their anniversary celebrations too ;)

This is a gorgeous card - much classier than my tenuously inspired card I made last summer! :)

I hope that you're busy making birthday preparations!

Laters ;)

Caryn said...

Great take on the challenge Mo - the little pop of colour is fab - wish I'd added some colour to my card in hindsight!

I TOTALLY agree with you about the 50 shades books. I've never read a more poorly written book(S) BUT I also carried on reading. I sort of needed to find out how it all turned out!! At least you got a "sizzle" out of it, lol!!
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Aimes said...

Oh I just knew you'd be on board with this challenge, Diva! ;D
A stunning take on our challenge with those pops of pink :)
Hey - we have the same brand of scissors! LOL! I wish my desk was that tidy!
Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey! :)
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Caryn said...

Those scissors are great - I squealed when I used Aimes and then bought them myself (in yellow and in pink also!!).

Suzanne said...

I laughed reading this post! I read the first 2 books last summer but never got around to finishing the 3rd...I liked them but didn't love them. I am WAY more excited for the movie with Ryan Gosling!

Now, back to the card - what is that BG?n I have some of those hearts and I haven't used them yet. I love 'em too much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...