Wednesday, January 30, 2013

www.hello.com ~ CAS Day 2

onelayermaureenplut

Good morning!  I’m back with my Day 2 homework for the Online Card Class I enrolled in :) 

CS2

I’ve only ever made a one layer card before (see card here)so this was a good challenge for me. I embossed the frame around the wood grain mat image with the coordinating Mat 4 die cut using the same Big Shot Sandwich I would use to emboss with a Spellbinders die. 

closeup

The washi tape was a fun addition and gave the cup something to rest on.  Y’all can’t have your latte floating around all over the place! LOL  The cup is actually popped up on foam dots.  So does that still make this a one layer card?  Well, Julie, one of the teachers had a little circle popped up on hers so I call it SAFE! Thanks for stopping by and witnessing my CAS journey!  Any extra tips from my CAS buddies would be welcome and appreciated!

signature

 

what’s in it?

stamps: pti modern woodgrain, paper smooches Cyber Cafe

ink: versafine onyx, su going gray, close to cocoa, pti spring moss

accessories: pti mat stack #4 die, washi tape, foam tape

23 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Great card!!!!!

Marianne said...

Love your card Maureen! I don't think that it really qualifies as a one-layer card, though. I have to admit that Julie's added embellishment was confusing and she's supposed to be the expert on one-layer cards ha-ha. The cards made by Jennifer and Debby are truly one-layer cards IMO. You can also find a nice definition of one-layer cards (and loads of inspiration and challenges) at http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.gr/

Luanne said...

I love your little Washi shelf! How clever! Cute cute cute! I'm learning from your class too, thanks for sharing. ;)

Lynn said...

I love this...the color combo is awesome...and how in the world did you do the multiple patterns on the mug? It is oh so sweet!

Barb said...

Such wonderful colors, Maureen! Love the embossed frame! :)

Marisa said...

The washi is a fun "grounding" element for the cut and I love the fun pattern on the cup. Look forward to seeing the next CAS creation :)

Helen F. said...

Oh what a fun card, Maureen! Love your coffee cup stain and use of washi tape (need to start de-hoarding mine :)

Tracey said...

I love this Maureen! What a great card!!

Debby said...

Love the earthy colours you used and the little cup stain is such a fab addition. Great use of the washi too - I have a few rolls but most of the time I only use it to keep dies in place while die cutting LOL.

Tammy said...

Okay--seriously lovin' your CAS work!

Christina said...

If only I could do layers as well as you do CAS. ;) This is super cute. Love the washi "table" and the coffee ring!

Aimes said...

Well I say rules are meant to be bent/broken, Diva, & for me, this is a one-layer card with Duchess written all over it: CAS design, pop of green, cup of tea - PERFECTION!
I love that you're rockin' this class Diva! Embrace that inner CAS style of yours! :D
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE this...Just Perfection!!!

Caryn said...

Love it Maureen - great layout.

Caryn said...

Love it Maureen - great layout.

cards by cara said...

This is stunning and congrats on the shout out!

judkajudi said...

Well done!!!!!

Taheerah said...

This is such a fun, awesome card Maureen - I'm not at all surprised to see you highlighted by the teachers! Great work!

Unknown said...

Super cute. Love th background if the label

Cassie_lu said...

great card and I like the shelf you created for the cup

nancy y said...

I like how you did the deposing, and the addition of the Washi tape really adds a lot to the card!

Elena said...

You did a great job with the masking/debossing/stamping!

TannyP said...

I'd definitely say you rocked this!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...