Friday, May 11, 2012

The Life You’ve Imagined

vlvmayweek3

Good morning!  It’s Friday and there’s a new Viva La Verve sketch ready to get your creative juices flowing.  I wanted to use an uplifting sentiment today and picked some Be Amazing paper to go with that sentiment…listen to your soul.  I die cut my Rounded Scallop Frame from a couple of Starbucks sleeves (oh, BTW, I’m getting my GOLD card soon!  ACK!) and the Ribbon Banner from some white corrugated paper.  I do hope you’ll join us over on the Viva La Verve Forum this week…if you participate all month, you could win a whopping $100 GC to Verve!! Oh, Christmas in May!

0512VLVWeek3

On a sad note, my dear blogging friend, Janelle, passed away yesterday with her husband and children by her side.  She discovered a brain tumor last August after her daughter’s wedding.  Her story, while sad, was filled with amazing faith and love and hope.  Unfortunately, sometimes God’s answer is “no, I have different plans for you.”  Janelle is whole again and with her Lord so it is her family and friends whom I’ll continue to pray for…prayers for peace and grace and strength to live out their lives without her Earthly presence.  If you wish, please pray for them too :) 

Have a lovely day…our patio furniture is arriving today and it looks like a HOT weekend coming up :)  Enjoy!

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: Words of Wisdom (Verve)

paper: white (PTI), really rust, espresso (SU), Be Amazing (My Mind’s Eye), corrugated paper (craft supply)

ink: onyx (Versafine)

accessories: Ribbon Banner Die, Rounded Scallop Frame, Rounded Rectangle Die (A Cut Above Dies by Verve), circle and scalloped circle dies (Spellbinders), buttons (PTI), corrugated paper (Starbucks sleeve), gems (Kaisercraft),

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

A perfect card - every element works in harmony :) I'm so sad to hear about Janelle & the family will be in my thoughts. Enjoy your weekend & get the spare room ready because I'm taking you up on your offer ;) lol x

TannyP said...

You mean you don't already have your gold card?! LOL I swear I must've been one of the first. I just used my second 'free drink' postcard this morning =)

Love this paper combination, Moe. The scallops are awesome and all that corrugation/crimping is fabulous. Lovely buttons & bling, as well.

I was sad to see your FB status re: Janelle last night, but she's no longer suffering and there's definitely something to be said for that. =)Hugs to you and the family!

Marisa said...

Guess I bobbed and weaved and avoided skewed panels for over four months of Verve sketches so I can't complain too loudly...just mildly LOL! Love how the sentiment just pops with the brown around it.

So sorry to hear about Janelle...glad she is no longer suffering! Enjoy breaking in your new patio furniture :) We're scheduled for sunshine too - yeah!

Unknown said...

Cracking card Maureen!!!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Oh, I am so sad to hear about Janelle and her family is also in my prayers.

Clever use of those starbucks sleeves and happy gold card! I love the freebies every 15 cups but the frequency with which the come leads me to believe I should be spending some of that $ on crafty stuff, lol! :)

Vickie Z said...

Love your scalloped corrugated frames!! Wonderful sentiment with these papers!

Heidi said...

This is so pretty, love all the elements. So sorry about your friend, visited her blog- she looked so young. Thoughts/prayers going out to her family.

Aimes said...

I was so sorry to hear about Janelle, Diva. It's bittersweet to know that she's in a better place now...{hugs}
I love this card and I especially love that lower right corner especially - such a beautiful sentiment! Y'know, this may sound crazy to you but I think you should enter this into Gallery Idol 2012 - it fits the bill of the opening round perfectly!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Lynn said...

I'm behind! Just realized I didn't comment on your beautiful card. I love the listen to your soul in the bottom right of this card Moe. It is so perfect with the main sentiment and all balanced so carefully.

I think it also speaks to Janelle. I keep thinking of her mom. Honestly can't get her off my mind...it is not the right life order to lose your child first. But...I do believe Janelle listened to her soul. She knew it was time to give her soul to the lord. Sending lots of wishes of peace and comfort to her beautiful family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...