Friday, July 29, 2011

Overwhelmed By Your Generosity

vlvaug1

Good morning!!  It seems I am still on Ohio time and have been getting up early since returning home Tuesday.  Having said that, I have been ready for bed at 9:00 each night! LOL  It has felt great to be back in the studio with all my new goodies :)  Perfect timing for the new August Viva La Verve challenges that start today!  Amber has drawn up a sweet little sketch for us with LOADS of possibilities. 

VLVAUG11Week1Sketch 

I kept things a little simple today so that my new Lime Twist paper would shine.  I love the splash of red with the flower!!  This sentiment goes out to my dear friend, Lynn, who was the hostess with the mostess during my stay in Ohio.  Of course, she had some help…her wonderful husband Pat and her four adorable boys helped out too, making sure I was comfortable and well entertained.  Here are a few more photos of my stay with them :) First up is me with Lynn and Pat on their gorgeous patio…it was hot, but there had been enough rain to keep everything lush and green.

lynnpatmoe

Here I am with the boys, Jonathon, Collin (on my lap), Ryan and little Marcel who I believe is giving us his “The Thinker” pose :)  Jonathon was kind enough to give up his room for me, Collin made sure I had coffee in the morning and wine at happy hour and Ryan organized card night and I learned a new card game!  I was hoping that Marcel, the youngest, would tell me “something in my ear,” and he did.  While we were out having ice cream one night, he told me “icecream is yummy.”  I agree :)

moeandboys

This last photo is with Lynn and her mom.  I was so excited to meet her as well after hearing so much about her through Lynn’s blog.  I am her new adopted daughter :D  She took us out for brunch at a funky new restaurant.

moemarylynn

Okay, that’s all for today! Check out the new Viva La Verve challenge over on the forum.  Play all month long and you could win the whole next release!!  Sounds sah-weet!!  Have a great Friday!!

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: Words Cannot Express, Love Notes (Verve)

paper: cream, aquamist (PTI), Lime Twist (My Mind’s Eye)

ink: onyx (Versafine), ruby red (SU!)

accessories: jotted heart die (Verve A Cut Above Dies), banner and blossom dies (PTI), button and twine (PTI), gems (Kaisercraft)

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

This is totally adorable Maureen! I love it!

Aimes said...

Right then, read my lips (or should that be read my typed words!) I AM going to fit in somer Verve challenges this month! I have no excuse now I'm on my hols with some Verve goodies :D
Your super sweet card has inspired me! I adore the way your red 'pops' (and those touches of bling!)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

KanataNewf said...

Absolutely gorgeous card - those papers really do pop!

Luanne said...

Loving that Lime Twist paper! It made into a beautiful card! I reallly missed playing VLV this month, between vacation and SAF. Looks like you had a wonderful time with a sweet family! Have a great weekend! (I hope to play with PTI goodies...)

Melisa Hunter said...

LOve the look of this CAS card. The pop of red looks great on the new lime twist paper. So fun to hear about your trip!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the pop with the red flower too! Lovely pics and I have to say the breakfast looks yummy!!

Lynn said...

I am sitting with the boys as we read your post. Here's what they have to say:

Collin said, "Thank you for posting our pictures on the internet."

Jonathon said, "What's up? How are you?"

Marcel said, "I love you...and you forgot to make coffee with Collin :) " Just one day...where we went out!

I say...I completely enjoyed our time together. I am so thankful you were able to come...and I loved all the tidbits you chatted about. Can't wait to get together again soon!

Lynn said...

PS I LOVE the card too!

Andrea M said...

AMAZING pics Maureen! You look like a member of the family :)

Andrea M said...

OMG! FABULOUS card too!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...