Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Big Wish

bigwish

Good morning everyone!  I’ve taken the morning off from packing to spend a little time in the studio.  Today’s card uses the fabulous ColourQ challenge colours this week as well as a Verve Big Wish sentiment to celebrate Release Week. I have a stack of new paper pads and so I flipped through all of them before settling on these beautiful papers from My Mind’s Eye Stella Rose.  I hadn’t made a music sheet paper flower for a while and I thought it would be the perfect way to add black and white to the card.

cqc92 

If you notice a Diva (me!) MIA on the blog hop list, it’s true.  Due to the postal strike this month, my stamps will just be arriving as the sets are releasing…but no worries…I will still have some Vervey goodness to share over the next few days.  So head over the the Verve Blog to see all the details AND come to the party with me on Friday night (9 EST, 6 PST).

NRS_nmSpot

Come back tomorrow for a sweet little card and homage to my wonderful husband as we celebrate 4 years of marriage…I know, it’s not many years, but it took me a long time to find him ;)  Thanks for visiting!!

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: Big Wish (Verve)

paper: cream (PTI), wild wasabi, peach parfait (SU!), Stella Rose dp (My Mind’s Eye), music sheet paper (old music book)

ink: onyx (Versafine), pumpkin pie (SU!)

accessories: circle and scallop circle dies (Spellbinders), blossom die (PTI), gems (Kaisercraft), fabric brad (Crate Paper), ribbon (PTI)

12 comments:

Christina said...

What a beauty! I love the way you inked the edges of your flower orange, and those papers are fabulous. So glad you could play at the ColourQ again this week!

Happy anniversary to you and your hubby!

Lynn said...

Happy anniversary, happy anniversary, happy anniversary to you and Tony! Here's to many, many more years of happiness!

Love your card today...the button is the perfect play on the inspiration photo! Is the postal strike over yet???

Lynn said...

PS Just found out Christina who commented before me is coming to the PTI event too...we're all going to have dinner together!

Aimes said...

Well what a productive break you had from packing, Diva! Love the inked edges on your fabulous flower!
Curse that postal strike! Well I guess it will provide less distraction from your packing - until those inky goodies arrive that is LOL!
Ooh and big congrats to Tony and yourself for tomorrow I hope you have something fun planned to celebrate!
Hugs,
Aimes
x
P.S 11 days and counting *wink*

Heidi said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sorry to miss you with the blog hop. That darned mail company.... oh they can be tiring.

Your card is beautiful as always!
Heidi

AB. said...

Beautiful card - I'm so digging that flower!! Just gorgeous! :)

Luanne said...

Fabulous! LOVE the music flower! I think I need to try that....

TannyP said...

Perfect use of the colors - I don't know how you always have these darn homerun cards, but keep them coming! Curses to Canada Post =)

Sylvia said...

Lovely card. Maureen! I love your mix of papers, fabulous card! thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Marisa said...

Got my PTI order and that flower die was part of it :) Can't wait to use it. Also have that DP so get to have lots of fun soon! Great take on the CQ.

Andrea M said...

GORGEOUS take on the colors!!! This is so lovely Maureen! Love that music sheet flower!

savvy teaching tips said...

Wow this is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at Colour Q this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...