Saturday, June 4, 2011

Thank You

thankyou
Greetings everyone!  It’s been a busy, but productive day, both in and out of the studio :)  Our summer weather seems to have arrived so I’m busy converting my closet over from winter to summer clothes (I hope I don’t jinx anything!).  I’ve made 7 out of the 10 commissioned cards I need to have done this week and am off in a bit to watch our Vancouver Canucks play their second playoff game with a couple of friends at a pub :)  BUT I had to post this sweet little card before I leave the house.  The ColourQ Challenge this week has this fantastic colour palette that I couldn’t pass up.  Oh, my…now these are some MOE colours!!  I needed a BOLD sentiment to keep up with these bright colours and PTI’s Say It With Style was just the set.  This particular stamp was actually all in one line, but my scissors fixed that in 2 seconds…lol.  I do have some soft suede paper matting the white and pink polka dotted paper, but nothing else in that colour, so I’m adding some light brown corrugated flowers to do the job!  Oh, Moe likey!!  Okay, onto a few house photos…please look past the “bluish” colour.  I forgot to put the camera back to  “auto” when I took these yesterday.  It was still on the light tent setting!  lol  The first photo was taken Thursday.  The slab is all prepped with rebar, moisture barrier, etc.  The tall pipe in the middle is the furnace exhaust and the main water line into the house.
rebarfloor
Now you can see the concrete floor :)
concretefloor
And the most important part of the house right now…the studio :)  One step closer to that beautiful room with a view :)  Although, now that I see that sundeck post, I may have a little obstruction to that view…hmm….
studioconcretefloor
Thanks so much for visiting!! Hope you are having sunny skies too :) 
signature
cqc87

what’s in it?

stamps: pti say it with style

paper: pti white, su crushed curry, soft suede, pti raspberry fizz dp

ink: versafine onyx

accessories: pti tag and scallop border dies, jillibean soup flowers, pti button and twine, gems, ribbon, stitching

12 comments:

Marisa said...

Ooooh, love those big polka dots!! Great flower and ribbon leaves. I can feel you smiling from here :) GO Canucks GO!!!!

Lynn said...

I'm with Marisa...love the polka dots...and your pictures made me laugh...I can't tell you how many times I leave the settings on for the light tent leaving me with lovely blue pictures! You were a busy bee today in the studio! Hope your Canucks bring home a win tonight. I'm off to put number 2 and 4 to bed...and then get some more inky time!

Heather Jacob said...

an absolutely stunner of a card .. love it .. hugz x

Joy said...

Gorgeous Maureen, really love your bright and cheerful card...loving your house photos too...how exciting to see where your new studio will be...I hope you will get that view..stunning! Hugs!

Melisa Hunter said...

Great progress on the house! Love seeing those photos. Love your take on this funky colour combo, too! A Moe classic! Way to go, Canucks! What a win!

TannyP said...

Fabulous card and it looks like the house is coming along perfectly, too! I was terrified of the colors, but I should've known you'd find a way to rock them!

JJ Bolton said...

Your card makes me smile with all those happy colors! And that view, wow! It will be a great place to create I'm sure.

Christina said...

Wowzers! These colors really do suit you, Maureen! You do the most fabulous things with bright colors, and I just love your take on these. So glad you played along with us this week!

Sylvia said...

What a beautiful card, Maureen! Love this. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Aimes said...

Oooh floor! I see a floor!!!! How exciting! What a view (don't worry about the sundeck post - it'll just encourage you to drink your Martinis outdoors :D)
Sorry back to the card! Well if anyone can rock the bright and bold colour combos, it's you, Diva! Love that bold pop of orange ribbon still standing out from the rest of the bright colours!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Arlene said...

Very beautiful card! :)

Andrea M said...

OOOhhh Look at the beginnings of the crafty space!!! How exciting!!! This card is beyond FABULOUS! LOVE the way you used the colourq colors!!! Congrats on your win at Colourq!!!! Very well deserved for this amazing card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...