Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy Birthday ~ Make it Monday

happybirthday

Good morning!! Well, I survived Monday and the week’s already half done :)  I was looking around for some new challenges this week and thought I’d participate in PTI’s Make It Monday.  You watch the video on Nichole’s blog and then make a card to enter into the weekly contest.  I’m sooooo glad they made it a random winner…that way it’s fun for EVERYONE not just the uber talented designers out there :)  The challenge was to use scor tape and glitter.  I love this way of applying glitter.  I broke out my gallon of Martha Stewart Antique silver glitter that will last forever ;)  {KWIM? lol} I had this pretty piece of Webster’s Pages dp on my desk from my PTI blog hop cards (come back Friday for those!) and then just started adding some little bits of loveliness :)  The sentiment looked so lonely all by its lonesome so I added a couple of gems to make it happy  (ok, and me! lol).  I smudged the edges with tea dye ink and had a hard time convincing myself that it’s for the “aged” look and NOT to redo the whole card because of a “smudge.”  I really meant for it to be there, but the “anal” part of me is cringing!  EEK!  That’s all for me…I’m off this weekend for a romantic getaway with the dh but I’ll have a few scheduled posts while I’m away.  Thanks for visiting :)

signature

untitled 

what’s in it?

stamps: birthday basics

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti kraft, cream, Webster’s Pages dp

accessories: scor tape, ms glitter, seam binding ribbon, vintage button, jenny bowlin pins, gems, prima flower, lace trim (fabric store)

12 comments:

Aimes said...

Oooh Diva does shabby chic vintage with STYLE! That's no "smudge" that's distressed style and I'm so glad you didn't re-do the card :D
Enjoy your romantic getaway - where ya heading?
Hugs,
Aimes
x
P.S Had my haircut today - my 'fringe' looks fabulous LOL!

Jean Martin said...

Wow this is stunning Maureen! I love that patterned paper with the bird cages. This is such a great color combo! :)

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the flower/bow and the glitter is perfect!!,

Marisa said...

Looky at you using all that white space :) Gorgeous flowers and card. Have a great day. Hope you're not freezing up there! We had -8 this morning!

Ann said...

Maureen, this is gorgeous! I love your glittered strips (I, too, have some MS glitter that seems to last forever!), & your flower is to die for! Such an elegant card!

Michelle Woerner said...

Love this Maureen! The pretty colors and perfect flowers with pins! LOVE! Hugs to you!

Stacy Rogers said...

WOW! Really gorgeous card! Love the flower & ribbon arrangement.

Andrea Ewen said...

Gosh, Moe...this card is dreamy! Love all that glitter and bling...my kind of card! Hope you win some PTI goodness!

Melisa Hunter said...

Such an elegant card! I'm drooling over your cards these days! Next weekend I get to play a bit! I think I'll start by CASEing a few of your cards!

Joan B said...

this is gorgeous!

Andrea M said...

Holy moly Maureen! This is FABULOUS! Shabby and elegant!!! Love those glitter strips!

Lea L. said...

Ooooh...this is utterly gorgeous! I love all the beautiful accents you've added to it, and the paper is beautiful! Wonderful job!! ♥♥♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...