Saturday, January 22, 2011

Join Your Hearts

joinyourhearts
Good afternoon dear friends :)  It is a BEAUTIFUL sunny day here, the best type of day for me to stamp.  The sun totally energizes me and gets my mojo flowing :)  I am making my way through the Moxie Fab colour challenges and today’s card is inspired by the Neutrals Color Challenge for Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week in the Moxie Fab World.  My sister has asked for a couple of wedding cards so this will be one of them :)  I’m using a couple of new goodies from the candy fabric store last week.  See that bold stitching?  That is my new top stitch thread in kraft!!  How yummy is that?  You can actually see my stitching now!!  Many people thought I was just paper piercing! LOL  No, it was all stitching!!  Now that I’ve used it, I want to go and get some more…most of the store is 50% off right now during their moving sale.  The tissue flower is made from sewing pattern tissue paper. I lucked out last summer when I bought a piece of pottery at an art store.  The sales clerk started packing it with pattern paper…I freaked out and told her about my card making and tissue flowers (via Melissa Phillips’ blog).  She thought that was cool and put extra paper in my bag!! LOL  PLUS some grey pattern tissue as well.  Hmmm…forgot about the grey…that’s giving me an idea!! LOL  I love the way the flower shows some of the French wording on the pattern :)  I’m also using some new crochet trim from the same fabric store.  I just love how it all came together :)  What are you enjoying today?  Thanks so much for visiting…smiles to you all!
signature
ColorComboN2

what’s in it?

stamps: waltzing mouse labels 14; fiskars just married quotes

ink: su soft sky, pti tea dye duo; versafine onyx

paper: pti cream, su sage, basicgrey dp; K & company amy butler dp

accessories: pattern tissue paper; pti blossom dies, spellbinders labels 14 dies, gemstones, stitching, grandpa’s button, su linen thread, crochet trim

8 comments:

Ann said...

Oooh, girl, you rocked these colors! I love your flower & the stitching, & you know I ADORE that sentiment! Gotta love the Bard! :D

Lynn said...

Yummy, yummy, yummy....loving all your new goodies. I am sure your sister will love this card!

Marisa said...

Just love that nestie and what a great sentiment too. Noticed the pattern tissue right away. Can't sew worth a darn, but my mom is a pro and have seen many a pattern in my years LOL! Great use of the colours and the stitching is wonderful.

Ended up with a change of events last night. My SIL took me out for dinner for my b-day and we had a wonderful time chatting away until we shut the restaurant down LOL! Were maybe going to join my brother and hubby at the go-kart place but hubby was sick and I was fried after a busy week so took a rain cheque on that part because go karting is soooo much fun :) Family b-day has been bumped for a few weeks so pressies have to wait :( though hubby brought me two dozen gorgeous roses so that will tide me over just fine.

Glad you enjoyed some sunshine and play time today!

Tammy said...

LOVE your tissue flower!! Question: do you use a die to cut them or a punch?

Janelle said...

So pretty, Maureen! Love, love, love the softness of the pattern tissue flower. I haven't made one of those for quite awhile... may be time again! As always, thanks for the inspiration! :)

Lynda Benden said...

This is gorgeous Maureen! I just LOVE the colors!

TannyP said...

Such a great color combo and as usual, you've rocked it! Love that stitching =)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maureen! Thanks for entering the Neutrals Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...