Monday, December 13, 2010

Peace on Earth

peaceonearth

Good morning!! Well, it’s Rudolph Day in my class!!! We are dressing all in brown with red noses and antlers :)  We will read Rudolf stories, do the Run, Run Rudolf dance, make rip art Rudolfs, watch the Rudolf video and eat Rudolf cupcakes :)  It will be the best Monday ever!! LOL  Today’s card was a bit of an experiment.  I’ve been staring at these leaves for ages and wondered what would happen if I used the more Fall coloured ones on a Christmas card…pink came to mind right away (my beloved orange and pink combo :) and then I saw this blinged out ribbon at Michaels!!  What the hey, I went for it.  Nontraditional colours for sure, but in a glammed way I think it works :)  Now, just to figure out who this card could go to, realizing not everyone is into funky Christmas colours….hmmmm.  I’ve also used Karen’s Sweet Sunday sketch for the experiment…I don’t think she’ll mind.  It’s all about creativity and thinking outside the box :)  One more week to go…how has your week started out?  Thanks for visiting :)

signature

SSSC96

 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve glad tidings

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti cream, raspberry fizz, bitty dot basics and autumn abundance dps; su peach parfait

accessories: buttons, Michaels ribbon, thread, pti medium scallop die, square nestabilities, recollections leaves

6 comments:

Ann said...

LOVE the funky! :D And I have some of that ribbon, too!

TannyP said...

Wow - you really can make anything work! So fun, fresh and funk-tastic! That's a non-traditional combo that works perfectly!

Marisa said...

Way to think outside the box :) It works in my mind and the twist on the colours is fun. Have a great Rudolf Day!! Wish I could pop in and join the fun :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Gorgeous card, Maureen! Love that blinged out ribbon. I'll be wondering all day what the Run, Run Rudolph dance is all about! LOL

Michele Kovack said...

I love the orange and pink color combo! VEry pretty!

Tina said...

This is a beauty Maureen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...