Thursday, November 25, 2010

Tag Time(s) 3 ~ Papertrey Ink November Blog Hop


Greetings dear blog friends and Papertrey fans!!  Today's project is my take on this month's PTI Blog Hop focusing on tags...oh, be still my beating heart...I've been a little obsessed with tags this year :)  Okay, let's get started, I've got several photos.  Many of you who know me know that I can never do "just one" of something fun, so here are my tags times 3... first, here are all the tags together. Nice enough, but here's what I did with them... 
First up is a little nod to my American friends celebrating Thanksgiving today and tomorrow and well really, until next Monday!! LOL  We are full blown into winter up here in Canada so it was fun to once again use my leaf dies.  I used canvas for the leaves and love the soft look it gives to the ink.  This tag is for my teacher librarian friend who is getting a little surprise soon {wink, wink}.
Next up is a fun tag using Dawn's ornament stamp set AND die!!! Oh, thank you PTI!!!  I didn't order this stamp set because of all the cutting but sure did once the dies came out.  Hey!! Love that colour combo?  It's the latest draw from my Wild Card Colour Challenge (the WaCCCky).  Some of you may remember that I made up my own colour challenge during the June PTI Blog Hop.  I was really happy with this combination...so perfect for Christmas...a little twist on the traditional colours.  (yes, unfortunately some candies were injured in the making of this blog post! hehehehe).
{edited to add: oops! I missed a colour! After looking at my post, I noticed simply chartreuse is not in the picture!  After thinking about it, I remembered that I was going to use chartreuse double stitched ribbon for the tie, but I got side tracked by the bakers twine...oops!! Sorry! lol}


 Last up is my favourite thing to do with tags...put them on a card!!  One of my tag cards from the first Blog Hop I participated in back in February was published in the September CARDS magazine!!  They are so versatile!!  The actual tag was made with Labels 11.  I punched the holes into the scallops for some added fun and die cut the limitless layer with raspberry fizz felt.
And here they all are together!!  Thanks so much for visiting...AND thanks for hanging in, but I had so much I wanted to share :)  Hugs and I look forward to seeing all the other projects over the next few days :)



what's in them?
{wonderful friend}
stamps: pti round and round, leaf prints,library card, verve merry wishes
ink: su choc chip, mustard, kiwi
paper: su durango, choc chip, pumpkin, pti cream
accessories: pti leaf dies, button, twine, limitless layer die, circle punch, gemstones, cuttlebug ef, hole punch, raffia
{merry christmas to you}
stamps: pti vintage ornaments and additions, 2010 holiday tags
ink: su baroque burgundy, forest foliage, versafine onyx
paper: su forest foliage (retired), pti kraft, cream, distressed dots and bitty boxes dps
accessories: bakers twine, stitching, gemstones, ornament and tag dies, button, twine, su scallop border punch
{let it snow}
stamps: pti 2010 holiday tags
ink: versafine onyx
paper: pti white, raspberry fizz, cream, guidelines dp; cosmo cricket dp, october afternoon dp, glitter cardstock
accessories: nestabilities labels 11, pti limitless layer die, fiskars border punch, stitching, pti felt, ms snowflake punches, glitter brad, gemstones, button, twine, sheer ribbon

28 comments:

Lynn said...

Maureen, I'm in love once again...but my favorite is the one for your teacher friend :) would love to know what's in that goody bag :)!!

Kara said...

love your tags...love the variety and different uses for each tag!!

Chris said...

Love them! Especially the fall tag. It's just beautiful.

Laurie said...

Beautiful tags and great colors!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous creations - just love the layers on the ornament one!

Victoria said...

Each tag is unique and gorgeous. I love the one with the library card and leaves. Perfect touch for your friend!

Ted said...

Such a beautiful variety! :)

Marisa said...

You go girl :) Loving all the tags. Think that leaf and die set may make it's way into my Christmas gifts :)

Unknown said...

These are great!!!!! I am a teacher too!

Elizabeth S. said...

These are wonderful! I especially love how you put the one on a card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, but I especially love the fall gift bag!

Viola Mahr said...

So pretty, I love them! Shabby and sweet is my favorite; I'll be back to visit you again! Thanks for sharing!

hugs,
Viola

Kristina said...

Maureen, these tags are amazing!!! I think my favorite is the fall leaf one that is going to your teacher/librarian friend. The colors, the library tag, the jewels! And the third is so frilly and girly that I can't help but like it. :)

I know you don't have today off, but Happy Thanksgiving anyways! Oh, and the Taylor's Tiny Twinkles I used my on my card yesterday are just little tiny jewels from Taylored Expressions that I picked up at CHA last year. And speaking of CHA, it does look like they are not doing the Super Show this January! I'm SO bummed! I had a blast there last year and was looking forward to meeting a few more blog friends' faces! Maybe I'll just have to plan a little summer vacation to Chicago.... lol.

Nancy L. said...

really cute tags!
my fave is the one for the kraft bag!!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Your tags are beautiful, Maureen. The fall one is my favorite. I just love the colors and design of that one.

Karen C. said...

These tags/gifts/cards are just stunning. I love all the detail and layering on each tag.

Linda said...

Fabulous tags. Love seeing them in use!

Michelle Woerner said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love, love, love!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

What an adorable set. Way to rock the PTI tag challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E

Cathy Weber said...

You knocked this out of the park! I especially love the tag on the card. It is so pretty and I zoomed in on it several times to see all the details. Great job on the challenge.

DF said...

Great eye candy. What a treat to look at!

Jen Carter said...

Each one is so beautiful and unique! Love them!!

Susan said...

I just LOVE all of your tags. Each of the elements you used are gorgeous! And the ways you used them are wonderful!

Cammie said...

WOW! These are so beautiful! I am adding these to my inspiration file-so many gorgeous details to study. Thanks for the inspiration.

Stephanie said...

Just beautiful!!! I love your color combinations. The leaf tag is by far my favorite. TYfS!

Terri said...

Great job on all of them. I especially like the one added to the card.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful tags. Great variety. I esp. like the snowflake one on the card.

TannyP said...

You never disappoint in a blog hop and this one is INCREDIBLE! Such fun and fabulous tags.....always an inspiration, my dear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...