Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Wonder of it All

Okay, what is happening?  Two Christmas-y cards in a row?  LOL...who or what will I blame this time?  I know, how about Cosmo Cricket's Mitten Weather?  It's as much fun as Eskimo Kisses from last year :)  Lots of plaids and snowflakes :)  When I saw this week's Mojo Monday sketch, I thought of the large scallop border punch...I find this punch tricky, so when I get the chance to use it I'm a little giddy :)  (and I must add, I'm impressed with the strength of this EK Success product...I had a paper jam with the last scallop and the handle went "limp" and the punch wouldn't open...so with a few (or 20) WHACKS, it opened up and works fine, still!!)  How about that little glittery snowflake tag?  I didn't actually tie it to the bow as that would've looked a little lame, so I just tucked the twine ends behind giving the feel of being tied.  Okay, time to start the day...it's favourite blanket day in my class so we are swaddling ourselves in our favourite blankies...here's mine :)  Have a wonderful Tuesday :)

what's in it?
stamps: verve snow wonderful
ink: versafine onyx
paper: pti white, su sage shadow, soft suede, dusty durango, cosmo cricket mitten weather
accessories: oval nestabilities, gemstones, tag, su felt flurrie, glitter snowflake, Grandpa's vintage button, twine, pti ribbon, stitching, ek success border punch

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the pop of rust on this card - looks fabulous against the colours you used. Yummy DP and well done with the punch. I had to whack mine a few times once too LOL! Love the concept of blanket day and I'm sure the kids will just love having their blankies with them at school :)

Justine said...

This is so elegant and beautiful

TannyP said...

Holy stunner! Beautiful colors and that snowflake really rocks my world!

Kristina said...

All right. I hate Dusty Durango, but I LOVE it on your card! How do you always do that? Take a random color and make it work so flawlessly on a card. I'm in awe.

The little snowflake tag is so pretty! It looks wonderful hanging there from the bow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...