Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Reflect on Your Present Blessings ~ Wild Card Colour Challenge #7

If you are looking for the Verve Anniversary Blog Hop,
click here

Good morning!!  Today's card uses the 7th Wild Card Colour Challenge...yikes!!!  I must say I almost didn't participate in my own challenge.  Really...this is not a go-to colour combo for me...so I really had to mull it around in my brain.  I was also tempted to have it mostly white with only hints of these colours, but that wouldn't be a challenge.  The first 3 colours are fine as they are jewel toned, but the red...YIKES!  So I went for the old butterfly standby...lol.  The next challenge is a great one and was drawn by my good friend, Melisa, when she was over for tea lattes and card chit chat last night...thanks, Melisa...watch for that in the next week :)  Have a fun day!!

What's in it?
Stamps: pte inside and out (thank you, turning a new leaf; SU autumn splendor
Ink: versafine, su old olive, night of navy
Paper: SU old olive, night of navy and red dp, pti cream
Accessories: fiskars border punch, corner chomper, ms butterfly punch, seeing spots cuttlebug ef, embossing powder, pti grograin

5 comments:

Marisa said...

I love these colours together :D You've done a great job. Leaves and butterflies - I'm a happy girl.

Kristina said...

Ahhhh, some nice deep colors to work with this week. But that red?! REALLY? There's always one, isn't there? lol

Anyways, I do love what you did with the sketch. Those embossed leaves make such a neat background! And nice splash of red with the butterfly. ;)

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is all types of gorgeousness!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Ann said...

Wowza! Gorgeous color combo and an amazing sentiment!

TannyP said...

You really made them work, my friend =) They look stunning together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...