Saturday, August 21, 2010

Classy and Fabulous!!

check out my Verve Blog Candy here!!

 
click on photo to see a larger image!!
Whew!!! What a week of Verve scrumptiousness!!!  I have been putting off all other challenges and stamping to enjoy my time as Verve Guest Diva...my biggest honour ever.  So this is the first challenge that I couldn't get out of my head.  It's for the latest Embellish Challenge.  I don't have many "cutsy" stamps, but I do have a small collection of Bellas :) Two of my favourites are latte Bella (of course!) and this cosmo Bella...the dh and I love our martini date nights :)  I also have this sentiment on a stamp, but it was too big for this card so I typed it out in Word, then stamped Bella beside it...love the way it turned out.  I don't colour, but I paper piece and Bella needed a bit of colour to draw your eye to her.  Hmm, I really like this...notice that martini?  It's a Hypnotic Heaven!! LOL...I love martini drink names!! LOL  Thanks for visiting and check out my blog candy!! I'm giving away all the cards I've posted this week for the Verve Spotlights PLUS a $25.00 Verve gift certificate!!! 

What'e in it?
Stamps: cosmo Bella
Ink: versafine onyx, su teal
Paper: su kraft, groovy guava, really rust, su and basic grey dps
Accessories: stitching, PTI medium scallop die and grosgrain ribbon; gemstones, seeing spots ef, blender pen, sentiment typed out in Word (cool dots font), corner chomper

10 comments:

Aimes said...

That post title is about us, right, Diva?! LOL!
Love your take on the Embellish challenge, love the font you've used for your sentiment! One day I'll persuade you to colour but seeing as your paper piecing rocks, I'll let you off *wink*
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Marisa said...

Love the paper pieced top!! A great pop of colour as is the turquoise ribbon. Think that's you celebrating your Diva stint ;)

Melisa Hunter said...

Love the CAS card on kraft. I need to try this! How fun! Great take on this challenge. Orange and aqua... yum!

Lynn said...

Maureen, I'm in love! This is a winner for sure! Love how you embossed the scallops...love the paper piercing and stitching! Awesome card!

Kathy Martin said...

Super CUTE! Love the paper pieced blouse! :)

Angela said...

Cute! She looks great with just the paper piecing...fun idea!

Janelle said...

Love the paper-piecing, Maureen... perfect for the Bella Stamp. Very ingenious of you to print out the sentiment that you wanted to stamp. Looks great! Just a fabulous card all the way around. By the way, I did put a link to your blog on my sidebar... just like I said I would. :) Good luck getting back into the working woman swing of things... and have fun setting up your new classroom and adjusting to your new school. I'll be thinking about you this week!

claudia shadler said...

hehe, cute card! so fun and luv the stamps, reminds me of something some character on Mad Men would say ...

C :)

Traveling Mama said...

amen, sista! Love this and how you incorporated the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Embellish! Hugs from Denmark!

Charlene Austin said...

OH MY WORD! I love me a Bella. This is awesome. I totally love printing sentiments on Word too and your fonts on this one are perfection!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...