Friday, July 2, 2010

Moe's WaCCCky Colour Challenge

Today's fun post was me playing around with colour :D  I had an interesting brainstorm during the last PTI blog hop on colour.  I made my own colour challenge!!! I call it the Wild Card Colour Challenge (aka the WaCCCky).  I think it came about from thinking about other colour challenges and how anything goes...that some of the colour combinations seem so strange and "wild" that it seems they were pulled out of a hat at random!! LOL  That's when my own colour challenge began....what if I put all the PTI colours in a hat and pulled out 4?  See my first experiement HERE.  It wasn't that crazy...the colours went well together.  But I did it again a few days ago...kind of like pulling tarot cards :D  This is what came up.....

Hmmm....a bit more interesting :D   However...after a bit of thought, and playing around with the colours, my card actually turned out rather well!!  Which makes me think that any PTI colours would go well together.  In fact, a commenter on my blog hop post said exactly that!! LOL  So now, I have made my own colour challenge!!  I hope to do one a week (or more often if I like)...I'm not making it an official challenge...but if you want to play along or even do it on your blog, please do so :D  It would be sweet if you gave me credit, though, and linked my blog on your post :)  How exciting is that?  It doesn't necessarily have to be just PTI colours...it could be the colours you have on hand...just have fun!!! I'll stick to PTI colours, though, as that is where the inspiration came from.  I don't have all their paper colours, but between cardstock, patterned paper, buttons and ribbon...I'm set for anything!!! LOL
Okay, now for the second part of this card post....Julee has a new Ready, Set, Stamp contest going on!!!  I have been so fortunate to have had all the stamp sets so far so I can join in.  This card uses the sentiment that comes with the set...the main reason I bought the set.  I tried to fit the stars in too, but they didn't go with the feel of this card so I will make another one this week with the stars to really showcase this set :D  Have a wonderful Friday...no more saying TGIF as I am on holidays for 2 months!!!  Yippee...so I'll just wish you TGIS (thank God it's summer!! LOL)


What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Seeing Stars, PTI fancy flourishes, background basics retro
Ink: versamark, versafine onyx, su baroque burgundy
Paper: PTI berry sorbet, scarlet jewel, bitty box basics, crepe paper
Accessories: apron lace punch, stitching, Making Memories brad, PTI blossom die, new leaf grosgrain, gemstones, corner chomper

9 comments:

Sankari W. said...

COngratulations on the WaCCCky new challenge Maureen!!! IT looks fabulous! And what a great combination you have - totally must try it!!! LOVE your gorgeous card with the lovely stitching on the side!! Beautiful beautiful as always - and that button in the center is So perfect!!!! Beautiful as always dear Maureen!!!
Big hugs!

Marisa said...

Colours look great to me :D Love the polka dotted button in the flower and the BG stamps. No issues with this combo at all. Well done!

TannyP said...

I swear you could make any color combo work, but maybe that's just my envy speaking =) LOL! Fantastic job as usual...and a perfect challenge!

Kristina said...

That quite the color combo you drew out this week! I love the name of the "new challenge!" I'm totally game. A little scared, but game, lol. Anyways, I am loving that polka dotted button/brad in the middle of the flower! So fun! And ribbon as the leaves? Genius!

Seems like your summer is off to a great start! Happy (late) Canada Day! I'm heading up to my folks' place tomorrow morning for our 4th of July weekend. There's nothing like hearing the fireworks echo off of the surrounding mountains and their colors and light reflected off of the lake their launched over. :)

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the flower! I am going to try the challenge, I can't wait! :)

Kristina said...

Ok- Couldn't get the colors out of my head until I tackled them, lol. Here's what I came up with. :)

http://ittybittypieceofme.blogspot.com/2010/07/one-wacccky-challenge.html

Janelle said...

I'm in catch-up mode here. I still love your own personal color challenge idea -- and I love your name for it, too! Such a fun way to get started on a card, I think. May have to try it one of these days. And your card? Fabulous as always! (Also loved your Canada Day card -- and the two feet baby card a few posts back...) Hope you're thoroughly enjoying your time off -- and congrats on getting the transfer you wanted!

Banu said...

Beautiful card. WOW!!Loved it.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so beautiful. I love the little border stitched down the side and that flower is delicious! Gorgeous card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...