Thursday, July 29, 2010

Missing You, but Now I'm Back!!

Hi everyone!! I'm back!!!  We had a fabulous trip and the weather couldn't have been better...blue skies every day :)  I know there are other beautiful places in the world, but my own backyard really takes the cake.  I'll share a few more photos each day :)  Today's card is for the 4th week of the Viva La Verve July sketch challenges.  We were inspired by bathrooms and this card was inspired by this Amy Butler shower curtain from Bed, Bath and Beyond.
Amy Butler sure gets around, fabric, paper, shower curtains!!! I love it!!  The original sketch wasn't working for me so I rotated it 45 degrees :)  I love doing that for all sketches to see if I'm missing a better orientation.  Do you ever do that?

Here's a picture of me with my Uncle Dave and Aunt Yvonne (brother and sister on my mom's side).  They live on Vancouver Island and played hosts to us for one night :)  My aunt is my godmother and used to take me camping when I was little ...much to the happiness of my husband (yes, I will go camping and enjoy it!!)  In the morning, Aunt Yvonne brought out a big container of buttons that my grandfather used to sell.  It's the same stash my mom's collection was from...they are really vintage and I love them!!  I got to pick out a few to add to my collection!!! Yahoo!!

Now, before I go, last call for my Blog Candy!!!  I pick the winner tomorrow night so if you haven't seen it, check out this post :)  Thanks for visiting!!!


What's in it?
Stamps: verve always on my mind, waltzing mouse labels 10, pti background basics retro
Ink: versafine onyx, su kiwi kiss
Paper: pti springmoss, cream, aquamist, dotti biscotti dp; SU bermuda bay, october afternoon dp
Accessories: gemstones, nestabilities labels 10, pti ribbon

8 comments:

Ann said...

Glad you had a good time! :) Your card is gorgeous...I'll be "missing you" at CHA tomorrrow! :P

Kristina said...

Welcome back! It's home a wonderful place to be? Though escaping into our backyards is fun, too!

I have to begin by expressing just how much I LOVE this card! The colors, that curtain, the fun background (beginning to feel like I need that background set, lol), the frame! Everytime I see someone's inspiration piece I want to change mine, hehe. I also turned my card sideways... I just couldn't get the sketch to work for me vertically. It felt unbalanced in a weird way. I have to assume you understand, because you did the same thing!

Well, enjoy being home again, with lots of time to stamp!

Marisa said...

You aced the insp. piece on your card!! Perfectly done :D Love how you flipped the sketch too. I flipped one of the others and should have flipped this one too but was too tired to think by the time I got to this one LOL!

Great picture of your aunt and uncle and look at all that blue sky! Yup, can't beat the beauty of BC on a sunny day!! Vacation local I say LOL!

Enjoy getting back into your studio and creating :D

Melisa Hunter said...

Beautiful card, Maureen! Love the paper combo you chose. Verve has the best fonts! Glad to hear you had a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!

ttys, I hope!

Jackie Pedro said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card, Maureen! Those colors are fantastic!! Glad you had a great week!!

Laural-Lee said...

Love the card Maureen! Great inspiration...fantastic colours. Missed you too and miss crafting just as much.

TannyP said...

Rusty? I see no rust! Another beauty! Great job. So glad to hear you had a great trip...looks like beautiful weather & great family visiting =)

Aimes said...

Helloooooooooooooo buddy! Missed ya! So glad you had a fab time with blue skies - sounds like a beautiful place to visit!
I see you didn't lose your mojo on your travels - this card is fabulous! Love the interpretation of both the shower curtain AND the sketch!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...