Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Good afternoon!!! Well, blogland seems very quiet these past few days...has anyone else noticed that?  Eek!!  It must mean summer is here and everyone is out enjoying the gorgeous weather that finally has come back to town :)  I've been a happy little stamper in the studio today...chores and workouts are done and now it's play time :)  Today's card is for the fourth Viva La Verve sketch this month.  Now, you are probably asking yourself...uh, why all the blue?  Well, I was inspired by the teddy bear's diaper!!! LOL  I was first thinking I would go all pink, cream and yellow shabby chic...but the blue really caught my eye and as I was flipping through my new October Afternoon paper, I found this lovely piece!!!! OMGoodness, I had to use it!!  I did fit the pink, cream and yellow in, though :)  A simple card, but that paper says it all :)  Okay, I'm off to Starbucks with my dh...I hope you have a lovely afternoon...come back tomorrow because I'm posting my Father's Day card and it's really sweet :D  Thanks for stopping by :)


What's in it?
stamps: verve plain jane
ink: versafine onyx
paper: pti kraft, cream, sweet blush, hawaiian shores; october afternoon thrift shop dp
accessories: stitcing, square nestabilities, pti buttons and ribbon

5 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

Very cute card! I love cards that showcase great DP! I can't wait until I really get a chance to play with mine! Only a week and a bit, now!

Kathy Martin said...

What a happy card with those polka dots, pretty yellow ribbon and colorful buttons! :)

Marisa said...

You're right, blog land is deadly quiet lately. However, I'm still here :D Love how you picked out the blue diaper LOL! I chose this room as well but going soft colours. Love how one insp. piece can produce so many wonderful cards. Glad hubby is back safe and sound :D

I'm still recovering from Sports Day and my daughter's Grade 1 piano exam. She was an emotional mess for about a week before the exam even though she knew everything well. Needless to say, it is a relief to have it over and done with, but now she has a killer headache as the stress is leaving her body.

Lindsay said...

I'm here Maureen and I love your card! It makes me smile!

TannyP said...

I really do think that might be my fave birthday sentiment stamp ever created =) Gorgeous job - I love the direction you went with this inspirational pic and sketch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...