Thursday, May 27, 2010

Make the Most of Yourself

If you are looking for the
Embellish Blog Hop, click here

Good evening!!! Wow, this week has been a lovely whirlwind dream for me...I was in Kristina's top 10 and in the Embellish Blog Hop with some of the most talented designers in the field :)  But now I am back to reality and my humble little blog just doing what I love to do :)  And lately, what I love to do is create with this crinkly ribbon.  My dear friend, Melisa, gets me so hooked on things  and this ribbon is no exception.  When you live in Canada, you can't just order a little bit of something...you need to make the most of shipping deals. So you (aka "I")  order LOTS!!!  Today's card is for Kristina's second Reader's Choice Colour Inspiration.  Yes, 6 colours again!! LOL  I had to think a lot on this one...mostly on the treadmill at the gym.  I knew I wanted to use this gorgeous grape crinkly ribbon and went from there :)  I switched the label shape a few times until settling on the circle and this fabulous Verve sentiment :) 

Yay!!! It's Friday!!!! And it's girlfriend date night for an hour or so and then our dh's are joining us :)  What could be better than that?  Hope your Friday is lovely and thanks, as always, for visiting :) 
What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Seeing Stars
Ink: SU eggplant
Paper: PTI white, springmoss, SU ballet blue, blue bliss, perfect plum
Accessories: stitching, circle and Labels 4 nestabilities, MS butterfly punch, gemstones, dritz pins, SU little leaves die, seam binding ribbon (Etsy), cuttlebug efs, corner chomper

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Love what you did with the ribbon!!

Laural-Lee said...

Beautiful job with the colours and the crinkly ribbon. Where did you get it? I want some... my wishlist gets bigger and bigger and my funds get smaller and smaller!

In Love With Scrap said...

The ribbon is the best, the card is just BEAUTIFUL!

Melisa Hunter said...

Love the layout and all the textured white space. You chose some very pretty elements in all of those colours. The grape ribbon tied in a double bow is so pretty!

Jennifer Styles said...

A simply beautiful card!

Marisa said...

Fabulously done, Maureen!! Love the white space as it makes the colours just pop. Beautiful ribbon, use of leaves and layers for the sentiment. The yellow butterfly is a great touch. Congrats on the top ten on Kristina's blog!! Have a great weekend!!

Kathy Martin said...

Oh so beautiful! Love how your leaf springs and seam binding really capture that photo! :)

Kristina said...

Ahhh! It's good to be back! I've so missed your cards. I love what you created using these 6 (ack!) colors. I saw Kristina's challenge yesterday and pretty much panicked, lol. Soooo many colors! That curly ribbon is so much fun. I tell ya, I go away for two weeks, and I now see this stuff all over the the blog world! I've fallen behind the times! I'm definitely keeping my eye out for some of that!

We're down to 14 days of school and I am so ready. My class this year has been tough and there are a few kiddos I am more than ready to kick out the door and pass them on to someone else. hehe. And sleeping in each morning sounds oh-so-nice. :)

Janelle said...

Ah, beautiful, Maureen. Looks like it could be another winner!

Winter said...

So pretty! Love the colors and the ribbon! :)

Dawn said...

Just GORGEOUS! Congrats on winning...again!!

BethW said...

Truly gorgeous-outstanding!

Janelle said...

Woo hoo for you, Maureen! Loved it the first time I looked at it and love it still. Guess I was right on thinking it could be another winner!

Jinny Newlin said...

Hey! Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog! This is gorgeous! I love all that embossing and stitching! Congrats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...