Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Happy Birthday


Good evening, friends...tonight's card is for this week's Mojo Monday sketch.  At first, I thought "too many panels"...but then I thought...oh, more vintage practise :)  So, okay, my vintage is just stitches and distressing with a bit of sponging...but I'm slowly getting there.  And who know, next week I might be back to more bright colours and bold prints...don't you love this craft of ours?  Endless possibilities.  So what's new on today's card?  More of this gorgeous Basic Grey Green at Heart paper, the Hero Arts ledger stamp (on the apricot layer) and the white thin floss that my dear friend, Melisa picked up for me at a thrift store with a few extra goodies...thanks M.H.!!  The cork panel was a little too empty for my liking, but I'm not sure if pearls were the right addition.  I tried buttons in various numbers and size, but they didn't look right with the large melon button....great use of big buttons BTW!!!  Two more days until our Canadian Victoria Day long weekend...the last one before the summer!!! The countdown has almost begun :)   Cheers!!

What's in it?
Stamps: Hero Arts ledger; PTI say it with style
Ink: versafine sepia, SU really rust, PTI tea dye ink
Paper: PTI kraft, cream, SU really rust, apricot appeal; Basic Grey dp
Accessories: cork, stitching, nesties labels 9, pearls, gemstones, distressor, PTI ribbon & button, floss

7 comments:

Marisa said...

I saw this sketched and said "nope, not this week" LOL! Good for you for taking it on. How fun to use some new goodies too :D Cork looks wonderful as does the twine/button treatment - well done :D

Kids were going a bit wingy last week with all that nice weather and it has begun to hit them that the end is near. Thankfully the rain this week has tamed things down a bit! You get to count down to a great summer of R & R and I get to count down to having my kids home all day (actually do love having them all to myself in the summer without having to watch anybody else's kids)to plan, organize and keep my kids busy. Mommy time is at a premium and hope to be able to stamp a bit more this summer - but time will tell LOL!

Maureen Reiss said...

Real great card!! Love the cork, it adds so much texture and makes this card pop!!

Melisa Hunter said...

Gorgeous card, Maureen! LOve the distressing and the vintage touches. I think I may have to get myself a ledger stamp... I love ledger paper and then I could have an endless supply! The pearls look really nice on the cork. Love it!
ttys!

Laural-Lee said...

I love this! The Really rust shows so well with this card. Love the ledger paper and cork to gether! I think the pearls work wonderfully. And I love the button...I love everything about it!

Kathy Martin said...

This is such a pretty card! Love the cork! And you ROCKED this design! :)

TannyP said...

Ohhhhh....that cork is awesome! You've really rocked this challenge!!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the cork with the added pearls! Great card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...