Thursday, April 15, 2010

Vellum Flowers

Hi everyone!!  This card has been sitting on my desk for a few days.  I wasn't sure what to do with the main panel.  I had the flowers and sentiment, but too much white.  I embossed the background shimmer white cardstock to give it some contrast against the label (apparently that's my go-to technique...or what I said in my Embellish write-up!! I had forgotten I said that last Fall...it is true, but it's only one of them.)  Since this card took on a more casual feel to it with the plaid paper, I only added some ribbon through a slot, no bling.  I think the panel looks a little plain, but the focus is on those fun vellum flowers!!! ACK!!!  When I saw Nicole make these on her blog last month, I knew I had to have those dies :)  Have a wonderful day...we've been having the most amazing weather this week.  I told my dh that if tomorrow is as nice as yesterday, he will be taking me to a patio for cold drinks after work!! Wishing you sunshine where you are...


What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Because of You
Ink: SU choc chip
Paper: PTI lavender moon, shimmer white, spring moss, Basic Grey sugar rush dp, pink and white vellum
Accessories: stitching, cuttlebug ef, nesties label 4, SU horizontal slot punch, PTI medium scallop and blossom dies, PTI ribbon and buttons, SU linen thread

10 comments:

Marisa said...

I loved those flowers Nichole made too and yours are fabulous as well :D Such a soft feel to them. Love how you ran the ribbon through the label and one can never go wrong with Swiss Dots LOL! Enjoy your afternoon drinks on the patio - I'm loving this amazing weather :D

Tracey said...

Beautiful card!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns :)

Laural-Lee said...

What a beautiful Mother's day card. I love the plaid like paper and vellum flowers. I need to buy more vellum. It was a great sketch wasn't it?

TannyP said...

Again - a beauty! Those flowers are stunning and you're so good at making everything elegant....
lovely work!

whoistracy said...

This is beautiful Maureen! I love the soft colors and that ribbon you used.

TesaB said...

Ohh, stunning card!!! Beautiful vellum flowers!

dstandard said...

This is just gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

NinaB said...

Wow, this is beautiful!

Sudha said...

Congrats dear,lovely card

Karen B. said...

Congrats on your top six at Card Patterns, this is very well deserved. So fun and feminine at the same time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...