Saturday, November 14, 2009

Guest Designer for Cinema Saturday :)



Good Saturday morning!! I have mixed emotions today...I'm so excited to be the Guest Designer for the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge, but not so excited about writing report cards :( The movie this week is Roman Holiday (1953). It stars Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck. I've actually never seen it and feel like a bad guest designer....but there was no time to track this old classic down and watch it this week. So I read up on it and looked up some quotes. The quote that inspired me was by Dr. Bonnachoven, "The best think I know is to do exactly what you wish for a while." Oh, words to live by!! I actually had "best wishes" for the sentiment, but it was too long for the card so I cut off the "best" and left the "wishes." I like it better this way :) I was inspired by the lovely Audrey and tried to make a classy card...black and vintage cream with a touch of Tiffany blue (or PTI aquamist!!) The requirement this week is to use pearls....oh, yes!! I love adding them to a scallop border :) I hope you'll go over and visit Cinema Saturday and play along...it's a really fun challenge!! Ok, off to write report cards!! LOL (p.s. Today is my parent's 56th wedding anniversary!! This could be the perfect card for them!!)


What's in it?
Stamps: PTI damask designs, giga guidelines
Ink: Versafine onyx
Paper: SU kraft, PTI aquamist, cream, black
Accessories: cuttlebug ef, stitching, pearls, ek success border punch, prima flower, gemstone, satin ribbon

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, Maureen. Love the blue touch for the Tiffany's feel (or Birks if you're older and from BC!)It's definitely a classy card and very Audrey Hepburn.

Hope you have a great day!

Melisa

Sankari W. said...

Maureen - I am so glad that you were our guest designer this week (and by the way - you could NEVEr be a "bad" guest designer!!!) I LOVE LOVE LOVE your card and I think I am going to rename the Tiffany blue to the new name of Audrey blue :) Your card is simply elegant and classy like the beautiful Ms. Hepburn herself!!! I LOVE LOVE this movie and loved making cards for it and loved seeing your beautiful creation!!! Thanks for being our GD this week!!! Hope your parents have a fantastic 56th anniversary!! (WOW!!!) and hope that the report card grading goes by FAST!!!!! Sending you lots of love!!
Sankari :)

TannyP said...

Truly fabulous! That blue is exactly what I think about when I think of Audrey Hepburn...don't ask why =) Maybe it has something to do with Tiffany's?!

Stunning creation - I expect you'll have many more guest spots!

Marisa said...

Wonderful card, Maureen :D Love the sentiment script and the pearls down the side are great. Wonderful colour combo and I love the splash of turquoise. Hope the report cards go quickly!

Kristina said...

Hooray for report cards. Ours our due on Monday, so I'm slaving away at them all weekend as well. (except right now... I'm declaring it break time). I think report cards are my least favorite part of being a teacher. :)

Your Cinema Sunday card is absolutely stunning... so elegant and refined. I loved the big, bold background. And you definitely can't go wrong with a bunch of pearls!

Winter said...

So beautiful! I love the damask background, I have to get that set! Happy Anniversary to your parents! :)

Michelle Woerner said...

WOW! this is gorgeous! I love your use of the pearls and that darling prima in the center of the bow. I can never get the flowers to look good in the center, but you nailed it!!

Anonymous said...

Very cool approach!! Elegant - just like Audrey! She's my idol (style and personality... sigh) and Roman Holiday is a great movie! You should see it some time! But my favourite movie with her is Charade!! Or "How to steal a million" - very Bond-like! Best wishes from Germany!

Aimes said...

So sassy, so sophisticated, so scrummy! Love your design - it works so well with that colour combo! You've definitely captured Audrey!
Good luck with the report cards!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Tethered2Home said...

Maureen, this is absolutely beautiful. Hope the report card writing went alright.

Amy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...