Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge and Jen's SFYTT

Good morning! I'm posting early today as there are a few challenges I need to link to today. This card is for Jen's Sketch For You to TRY and Cinema Saturday. I was guest designer there for my first post! The movie is "The Thief Lord." I haven't seen it but it's about a relationship between brothers. The requirement is to make a card for a friend or sibling. So I thought I'd use Jen's great sketch and make a card for my big sister's birthday next week. She's mom to my niece who made my fab blog banner :) I am using some new paper I found on my road trip last weekend. I only bought one piece! I'm trying to not buy so much paper before I use it up. But I LOVE this dp. I've used it on 4 cards this week! I looks perfect with vanilla and kraft. I also am using SU's blush blossom. I haven't used that one for awhile. AND I finally figured out how to tie a nearly perfect bow the first time out...not just hope for the best and have to redo it 20 times. This card has a very French feel...I may need to go on another road trip and get some more of this paper! Have a great day!

What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Kindred Spirits, Because of You; PTI fancy flourishes, SU french script (on flowers)
Paper: SU blush blossom, vanilla, kraft, choc chip, pomegranate; DCWV dp

Ink: versamark, SU choc chip, regal rose

Accessories: cuttlebug flower dies, button, linen thread, satin ribbon, EK border punch, pearls

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Beautiful ribbon and great bow! Where did you get the ribbon? It's so satiny!

Melisa

Maile Belles said...

Beautiful!!! Love the paper and the fabulous silky ribbon bow!

Laural-Lee said...

That dp really enhances the demask and swirl stamping. I'm hoping to get a few ladies together for paper swapping and such. Even if it's just scraps...then everybody gets to be inspired by something new without the extra cost and nothing goes to waste.

TannyP said...

Gorgeous! Your sister will LOVE it!

Darlene D said...

Beautiful!!!

Sankari W. said...

Maureeeeeeen!!!! This is simply STUNNING!!!! seriously amazingly beautiful!!! I LOVE everything that you have created on this card - seriously drooling over here!!! Your sister is so lucky to be getting this beautiful card from you!!!!

Beautiful!!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at Cinema Saturday!!! I Love your blog!!! and the banner is soooo awesome! what a great name!!!!

Sending you big hugs and happy wishes!
Sankari :)

Winter said...

So pretty! Your sister will love it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...